Senior PHP Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Amazing work happens when everyone enjoys the journey. This is why we at momox, Europe's leading online buying-and-selling service for books, CDs, movies, games, and fashion do everything to set you up for success. We know that your ideas grow best in a challenging environment where a team of passionate professionals from diverse backgrounds come together to think outside the box. At momox our mission is “We give your used products a new home” – join and support us in growing a sustainable re-commerce business used by millions of users.
For our momox IT department, located in our headquarter in Berlin we are looking for a Senior PHP Software Engineer (m/f/d) to work on our platform.
- Develop and advance the backend systems of our successful webshops
- Estimate user stories and plan the 2 week sprints together with the scrum team
- You coordinate and execute all tasks closely with your team
Our Tech Stack in our PHP teams:
- PHP 7.4 and later
- Symfony 6+ and OXID eShop
- MySQL / Google CloudSQL
- Redis / Google MemoryStore
- Kubernetes and Docker
- GitLab/GitLab Runner for CI/CD
- Google Cloud
- 7 years of experience in object-oriented PHP programming
- Experience with most or all of our tech stack
- Experience architecting large new systems from scratch
- Knowledge of domain driven design, both strategic and tactical patterns
- Opinionated about code, software patterns, and software architecture
- A structured, results-oriented and self-driven way of working
- Fluent in English, German is a plus but not required
NICE TO HAVE
- Experienced on the command line
- Know-how in web servers (nginx, apache) and
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge in the development of RESTful APIs
- Experience with TDD
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Use 10% of your time for your passion projects: One day of a 14-day sprint is yours! Personal development, your own projects, or learning new technologies – it’s up to you!
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Be part of a motivated, open-minded team and bring in new impulses
- We support you in creating open-source projects
- Grow with space and budget for your professional development
- Enjoy a good work-life-balance with flexible working hours and a hybrid working model
- Prefer a MacBook or a Lenovo Thinkpad? Get your preferred hardware and Bose noise-canceling headphones
- Benefit from a discounted public transport ticket, shopping vouchers for our medimops.de shop, yoga, workout sessions, urban sports, team events, etc.
- Work in the best conditions with perks like an open space office, height-adjustable desks, table football, PS5, free snacks, fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.
- Join a company with a sustainable business model - "We are on a mission to safe our planet - one second hand product at a time"
Individual work environment
Design your ergonomic workspace with height-adjustable desks and the laptop of your choice (MacBook or ThinkPad). We use state-of-the-art technology, and you even get your own Bose noise cancelling headphones.
We love second hand and integrate our sustainable business idea with simple methods into everyday office life through sustainable consumables, double-sided printing, energy-saving mode on equipment, waste separation, etc.
momox is only as good as you. That's why you will find room and budget for your individual professional development with language courses, internal training, conferences, (online) courses and more.
Open work environment
A bright office with flat hierarchies and open doors. We are a motivated team that is open to new impulses. Bring your ideas and put them into practice! In our break rooms you will not only find peace and quiet, but also action with kicker, PS4 and Xbox.
1 day of a 14-day sprint is yours! You can use it for your own projects, your personal development or to learn new technologies.
We celebrate with the whole team: summer, Christmas, Halloween, monthly breakfasts and movie nights, successes, etc.
1/2 day off on your birthday
On your birthday you get half a day off. Come later, leave earlier or just take another half day of your vacation budget to have the whole day off. Additionally you get half a day off on 24.12. and 31.12.
Sport and Fitness Options
A personal trainer comes every week to keep us fit or you can join our running group. A shower is provided to cool you down afterwards. Otherwise you can find your favourite sport with Gympass. The mobile massage visits us every 2nd week.
Daily fresh fruit and vegetables
We provide you with fruit, vegetables, mate, coffee and tee at the office. And twice a week you can order your lunch at Smunch.
Our office dogs provide an extra nice working atmosphere and are happy to be petted.
We value diverse teams for many reasons and are happy to welcome you, independent from your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. What matters to us is that you are passionate, talented, willing to learn and want to grow with us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call: Thuy-Tien Trinh-Do (she/her) (Recruiting), Tel: 030 610 8007 545
You can find more information about us here: momox.biz/en/career/
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!
Represented by the Managing Board: Heiner Kroke (Chairman) and Christian von Hohnhorst | Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Tochtermann | Commercial Register HRB 248162 B, Berlin Charlottenburg | VAT ID: DE266608643
momox SE | Schreiberhauer Str. 30 | 10317 Berlin