Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Amazing work happens when everyone enjoys the journey. This is why we at momox, Europe's leading online buying-and-selling service for books, CDs, movies, games, and fashion do everything to set you up for success. We know that your ideas grow best in a challenging environment where a team of passionate professionals from diverse backgrounds come together to think outside the box. At momox our mission is “We give your used products a new home” – join and support us in growing a sustainable re-commerce business used by millions of users.
- You are responsible for the design and implementation of BI solutions (DWH, ETL, monitoring, etc.)
- It is your responsibility to implement work packages within projects
- You take care of ensuring the operation of the BI application and its continuous improvement (monitoring, alerting)
- You optimize the execution of technical and substantive tests, in addition you create use cases in cooperation with the BI analysts
- You are responsible for processing ad-hoc requests for data, reporting or further analysis questions
- You are involved in creation and definition of regular reports, dashboards and KPI
- You have a successfully completed degree in (business) computer science, business economics with a focus on (economic) computer science, natural sciences or a comparable education
- You have several years of experience in software development with Python or a similarly analytically oriented programming language (e.g. R, Java)
- You have expertise in the use of cloud storage solutions (BigQuery, S3, Redshift) as well as relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- As a plus, you are already familiar with non-relational databases (MongoDB, Hadoop, MapReduce)
- You could gather deep experience in ETL processes, API integration and automated processing of structured as well as unstructured data
- You are familiar with connecting and modeling data in SQL as well as subsequently including this into associated reporting and visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview)
- You have a strong passion for data analytics and understanding of business processes
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Use 10% of your time for your passion projects: One day of a 14-day sprint is yours! Personal development, your own projects or learning new technologies – it’s up to you!
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Be part of a motivated, open-minded team and bring in new impulses
- We support you in creating open source projects
- Grow with space and budget for your professional development
- Enjoy a good work-life-balance with flexible working hours
- Prefer a MacBook or a Lenovo Thinkpad? Get your preferred hardware and Bose noise-canceling headphones
- Benefit from a discounted public transport ticket, shopping vouchers for our medimops.de shop, yoga and workout sessions, team events etc.
- Work in the best conditions with perks like an open space office, height-adjustable desks, table football, PS4, free snacks, fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.
- Join a company with a sustainable business model – “We give used goods a new home”
Individual work environment
Design your ergonomic workspace with height-adjustable desks and the laptop of your choice (MacBook or ThinkPad). We use state-of-the-art technology, and you even get your own Bose noise cancelling headphones.
We love second hand and integrate our sustainable business idea with simple methods into everyday office life through sustainable consumables, double-sided printing, energy-saving mode on equipment, waste separation, etc.
momox is only as good as you. That's why you will find room and budget for your individual professional development with language courses, internal training, conferences, (online) courses and more.
Open work environment
A bright office with flat hierarchies and open doors. We are a motivated team that is open to new impulses. Bring your ideas and put them into practice! In our break rooms you will not only find peace and quiet, but also action with kicker, PS4 and Xbox.
1/2 day off on your birthday
On your birthday you get half a day off. Come later, leave earlier or just take another half day of your vacation budget to have the whole day off. Additionally you get half a day off on 24.12. and 31.12.
We celebrate with the whole team: summer, Christmas, Halloween, monthly breakfasts and movie nights, successes, etc.
Daily fresh fruit and vegetables
We provide you with fruit, vegetables, mate, coffee and tee at the office. And twice a week you can order your lunch at Smunch.
Sport and Fitness Options
A personal trainer comes every week to keep us fit or you can join our running group. A shower is provided to cool you down afterwards. Otherwise you can find your favourite sport with Gympass. The mobile massage visits us every 2nd week.
As a momox employee you profit of course from extra discounts at medimops or one of our numerous partners.
Our office dogs provide an extra nice working atmosphere and are happy to be petted.
We value diverse teams for many reasons and are happy to welcome you, independent from your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. What matters to us is that you are passionate, talented, willing to learn and want to grow with us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call: Blazej Miernik (Recruiting), Tel: 030 610 8007 543
You can find more information about us here: momox.biz/en/career/
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!
Represented by the Managing Board: Heiner Kroke (Chairman) and Christian von Hohnhorst | Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Tochtermann | Commercial Register HRB 236261 B, Berlin Charlottenburg | VAT ID: DE266608643
momox AG | Schreiberhauer Str. 30 | 10317 Berlin