Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Python
Amazing work happens when everyone enjoys the journey. This is why we at momox, Europe's leading online buying-and-selling service for books, CDs, movies, games, and fashion do everything to set you up for success. We know that your ideas grow best in a challenging environment where a team of passionate professionals from diverse backgrounds come together to think outside the box. At momox our mission is “We give your used products a new home” – join and support us in growing a sustainable re-commerce business used by millions of users.
Join our momox team in our Berlin headquarter as a Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d) and bring our IT teams forward.
Learn more about working in our IT teams in this VIDEO.
- Professional and disciplinary leadership of a group of up to 10 developers
- Further development of the technical vision and strategy with the members of the Tech council
- Promotion of a self-organized and independent way of working in the product teams
- Support of the product teams in the conception of the software architecture (team-internal, across teams)
- Optimization and further development of our CI and CD processes
- Drive new topics forward and support in critical projects
- First management experience with an agile leadership style, ideally with employee responsibility
- Know-how in the container application platforms Docker and OpenShift, in continuous delivery and experience with Cloud Services (GCP, AWS)
- Experience with agile methods like Scrum or Kanban
- Comprehensive experience in the conception and implementation of an agile and scalable software architecture (Domain Driven Design, UML)
- Excellent communication and team skills, as well as fluent English skills
- Training or study in the IT field (e.g. IT specialist, or comparable knowledge)
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Use 10% of your time for your passion projects: One day of a 14-day sprint is yours! Personal development, your own projects or learning new technologies – it’s up to you!
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Be part of a motivated, open-minded team and bring in new impulses
- We support you in creating open source projects
- Grow with space and budget for your professional development
- Enjoy a good work-life-balance with flexible working hours
- Prefer a MacBook or a Lenovo Thinkpad? Get your preferred hardware and Bose noise-canceling headphones
- Benefit from a discounted public transport ticket, shopping vouchers for our medimops.de shop, yoga and workout sessions, team events etc.
- Work in the best conditions with perks like an open space office, height-adjustable desks, table football, PS4, free snacks, fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.
- Join a company with a sustainable business model – “We give used goods a new home”
1 day of a 14-day sprint is yours! You can use it for your own projects, your personal development or to learn new technologies.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird or a night owl, you decide when you want to start work. The only thing that is important is that you are here at 10 am for the daily standup to exchange and coordinate with the team.
Individual work environment
Design your ergonomic workspace with height-adjustable desks and the laptop of your choice (MacBook or ThinkPad). We use the latest technology and you even get your own Bose noise cancelling headphones.
1/2 day off on your birthday
On your birthday you get half a day off. Come later, leave earlier or just take another half day of your vacation budget to have the whole day off. Additionally you get half a day off on 24.12. and 31.12.
Open work environment
A bright office with flat hierarchies and open doors. We are a motivated team that is open to new impulses. Bring in your ideas and put them into practice! In our break rooms you will not only find peace and quiet, but also action with kicker, PS4 and Xbox.
Reduced ticket for the public transport
Save money with the momox company ticket of the Berlin S-Bahn.
We love second hand and integrate our sustainable business idea with simple methods into everyday office life through sustainable consumables, double-sided printing, energy-saving mode on equipment, waste separation, etc.
We celebrate with the whole team: summer, Christmas, Halloween, successes, monthly breakfasts and movie nights etc.
momox is only as good as you. That's why you will find room and budget for your individual professional development with language classes, internal training, conferences, (online) courses and more.
Sport and fitness offers
A personal trainer comes every week to keep us fit or you can join our running group. A shower is provided for cooling down afterwards. Otherwise you can find your favourite sport with Gympass. The mobile massage visits us every 2 weeks.
As a momox employee you profit from extra discounts at medimops or one of our numerous partners.
We value diverse teams for many reasons and are happy to welcome you, independent from your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. What matters to us is that you are passionate, talented, willing to learn and want to grow with us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call: Thuy-Tien Trinh-Do (she/her) (Recruiting), Tel: 030 610 8007 545
You can find more information about us here: momox.biz/en/career/
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!
Represented by the Managing Board: Heiner Kroke (Chairman) and Christian von Hohnhorst | Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Thomas Tochtermann | Commercial Register HRB 236261 B, Berlin Charlottenburg | VAT ID: DE266608643
momox AG | Schreiberhauer Str. 30 | 10317 Berlin