(Senior) Mobile Engineer - Android (m/f/d)
momox is Europe’s leading online buying-and-selling service for books, CDs, movies, games and fashion. We buy used products via momox.de and the momox app (iOS and Android) at fixed prices. The purchased items are sold via our online shops www.medimops.de (media) and www.momoxfashion.com (fashion) and marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, faithful to the slogan “We give products a second life”. With revenues of over 300 million euros and around 1,900 employees at four locations, we are growing steadily.
Support our Mobile Team as a (Senior) Mobile Engineer - Android (m/f/d) and bring our Android Apps to the next level.
- Implement new features and maintain the existing apps
- Support the development of new apps
- Close cooperation with different teams like UI/UX designers, backend developers and product managers
- Planning of the sprint with your team as well as coordinating and realization of stories
- Experience in native app development with Kotlin and Java
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with Motion Layouts
- Experience with the implementation of REST APIs
- Knowledge of clean code architecture with MVP, MVVM or MVI
- Knowledge with most popular frameworks: JUnit, Mockito, Espresso, RXjava 2.x, Dagger 2, Retrofit 2, live-data, Kotlin-Android-Extensions
- Knowledge of unit testing & UI testing
- Knowledge of the standard Git workflow
- Understanding of publishing apps in app stores
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- A degree in computer science or a comparable education, otherwise you are a career starter and can show reference projects
YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- 10% day: One day of a 14-day sprint is yours! You can use it for your personal development, your own projects and learning new technologies
- Agile work environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Motivated, open-minded teams with openness for new impulses
- Support for open source projects
- Space and budget for your professional development
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Your preferred hardware (MacBook or Lenovo Thinkpad) and Bose noise cancelling headphones
- Employee benefits such as discounted public transport ticket, shopping vouchers for our medimops.de shop, Yoga and Workout sessions, team events etc.
- Attractive office (open space, height-adjustable desks, table football, PS4, free snacks, fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.)
- A company with a sustainable business idea - We give used goods a new home
1 day of a 14-day sprint is yours! You can use it for your own projects, your personal development or to learn new technologies.
momox is only as good as you. That's why you will find room and budget for your individual professional development with language classes, internal training, conferences, (online) courses and more.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird or a night owl, you decide when you want to start work. The only thing that is important is that you are here at 10 am for the daily standup to exchange and coordinate with the team.
Open work environment
A bright office with flat hierarchies and open doors. We are a motivated team that is open to new impulses. Bring in your ideas and put them into practice! In our break rooms you will not only find peace and quiet, but also action with kicker, PS4 and Xbox.
Individual work environment
Design your ergonomic workspace with height-adjustable desks and the laptop of your choice (MacBook or ThinkPad). We use the latest technology and you even get your own Bose noise cancelling headphones.
We celebrate with the whole team: summer, Christmas, Halloween, successes, monthly breakfasts and movie nights etc.
1/2 day off on your birthday
On your birthday you get half a day off. Come later, leave earlier or just take another half day of your vacation budget to have the whole day off. Additionally you get half a day off on 24.12. and 31.12.
Daily fresh fruit and vegetables
We provide you with fruit, vegetables, mate and coffee at the office. And twice a week you can order your lunch at Smunch.
Sport and fitness offers
A personal trainer comes every week to keep us fit or you can join our running group. A shower is provided for cooling down afterwards. Otherwise you can find your favourite sport with Gympass. The mobile massage visits us every 2 weeks.
We love second hand and integrate our sustainable business idea with simple methods into everyday office life through sustainable consumables, double-sided printing, energy-saving mode on equipment, waste separation, etc.
We value diverse teams for many reasons and are happy to welcome you, independent from your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. What matters to us is that you are passionate, talented, willing to learn and want to grow with us.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call: Tina Schimek (Recruiting), Tel: +49 (0)30 610 8007 516
You can find more information about us here: momox.biz/en/career/
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!
Represented by the Managing Directors Heiner Kroke (spokesman) and Christian von Hohnhorst | Commercial Register HRB 121313, Berlin Charlottenburg | VAT ID: DE266608643
momox GmbH | Schreiberhauer Str. 30 | 10317 Berlin